“For you are the ones chosen by God, to do His work and speak out for Him, to tell others of the night and day difference He made for you – from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted.”
I Peter 2:9-10 (the Message)
The membership of Christians In Action shall consist of anyone desiring to voluntarily aid in promoting the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our area.
Okanogan Christians In Action was formed in 1973 and incorporated in 1977, from a desire to bring a positive witness of Jesus Christ to the Omak Stampede and other Okanogan area events. The group maintains both the KMBI Moody radio translator on Omak Mountain, and the Sonshine Shellrock Cross (on Shellrock point).
We also coordinate with area Christians to:
- Present an outdoor Live Nativity at Christmastime;
- Sponsor Gospel Hymn Sings;
- Pass out Bibles at the Baccalaureate services of both Okanogan and Omak High schools;
- Participate in the Okanogan Days Parade and Festivities;
- Produce an Easter Sonrise Service at the Omak Cemetery.